Barrington Security Ltd Consumer Returns and Cancellation Policy do not affect your statutory rights and complies with "The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000".
You have the right to return your product to the manufacturer or we can arrange to have your product collected and returned for you. If you return your goods back to the manufacturer, we notify you via e-mail or telephone of details how your refund will be made. You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within one week of the manufacturer receiving your returned product in it’s original ‘as new’ shipping condition and in the original packaging.
If you are returning an item because of an error on our part or in accordance with our returns policy because your product is damaged or defective, we will refund in full and pay your costs of returning it. The manufacturer will check all items returned for damaged or being defective. In the event of no fault or damage being reported, we reserve the right to re-charge or withhold your payment for the item(s) to recover administration costs, delivery and collection charges incurred and any restocking charges by the manufacturer.
By law, customers located in the European Union including the UK have the right to withdraw from the purchase of an item within seven working days of the day after the date the item is delivered. If you intend to return an item, you need to inform us by email within seven working days following delivery and provide the reason why the item is being returned.
Where you are withdrawing from your purchase within the seven working day cooling-off period, and there has been no error on our part and the goods are not defective, we will refund the cost of the item less the costs and services related to the delivery & collection as follows:
1) We will refund the cost of the product less the delivery & collection cost – product delivery & collection charges are available upon request. The customer has the right to return their purchase using their own carrier. However, due to the physical size and weight of some units we recommend returns to be arranged by us - we cannot accept responsibility for third party carriers damaging products in transit.
2) We will not refund any additional service charges related to customized fittings, bolting down, and delivery to another floor other than the standard delivery method listed upon order. If a unit has been customized in any way i.e. drilling to accommodate additional locks or fixing points etc. returns will be at the manufacturers discretion and may not always be acceptable.
3) The cost of returning non-faulty goods is the responsibility of the customer. Barrington Security Ltd will provide you with pricing to arrange collection and any manufacturer re-stocking charges relating to your order and deduct the cost from your account.
4) Products on Barrington Security website are covered by the manufacturers parts and labour warranty specified on product pages.
5) Products purchased in the UK & Ireland may be returned at customers expense. Reimbursement will be given within the warranty period if unit is confirmed faulty following manufacturer inspection. Products purchased outside the UK are not covered by manufacturers engineer call out service.
We strongly advise customers carefully check dimensions of products before making their purchase. Safes are often large, heavy items which can be expensive to return if dimensions have not been calculated correctly prior to order.